I'll taste them all so you don't have to!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Well hello there... I'm back!

I hope this post finds all of your doing well!  It has been quite some time, hasn't it?

I just logged in to this blog for the first time in years.  It's quite a blast from the recent past, I must say.  One thing that did strike me, though, is that people are still reading.  Still.  This is four years later, and my posts are still some of the top references for certain wines I posted reviews on... to the tune of thousands and thousands of views.  It seems people like wine more than ever before, and there are others out there on the hunt for the golden bargain bottle!

So, this is me (in my mid-twenties and actually fully, legally allowed to do this) answering the call to action.  I am back again!  It's going to be my aim and New Year's resolution to post at least 3 reviews per week.  Look for a full review coming soon!

First thing is first though.  Here is an update on my winescapades:

Favorite bargain bottle I've had in the last 4 years:
Charamba (Any vintage), Douro Valley, Portugal ~$7 at Spec's or Central Market

Newest obsession in wine:
Sparkling everything!  Prosecco, Cava, Brachetto, Chenin Blanc.... it all sparkles for <$15.

Favorite varietal right now:
Monastrell/Mouvedre, always big and bold, and usually badass for <$15

Most inspiring wine pairing of the last 4 years:
Zinfandel and cheddar, I recommend Cabot Clothbound Cheddar.  ~$8/lb at most speciality cheese shops.

Favorite wine trend:
Bargain wine makers with an eye for quality grapes!  Check out 90+ and Wink.  ~$12-20/bottle.


Alright, so that was a quick tease... but I do have a bottle of sparkling rose in the fridge that is just begging to be popped open this evening.  Stay 'tuned!

Cheers,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment